Answer : The Business Registration Act, B.E. 2499 (A.D. 1956) and Regulation of Ministry of Commerce on Persons who Have the Duties for Commercial Registration (No. 11), B.E. 2553 (A.D. 2010) require the entrepreneurs engaged in the following businesses to apply for e-commerce registration:
1) Website which have Purchase and Sale of goods or services by electronic media via internet system
2) Internet Service Provider
3) Web Hosting
4) E-Market Place (Central market for buying and selling of products goods or services by electronic media via internet system)
**Ordinary persons and juristic persons engaged in e-Commerce businesses without commercial registration are considered to be in violation of the Business Registration Act, B.E. 2499 (A.D. 1956) and shall be subject to fine penalty on a daily basis until such violation is corrected.
Advantages of e-Commerce Registration
1) Improve reliability and confirm existence of entrepreneurs.
2) Entrepreneurs can apply for DBD Registered from Department of Business Development, and DBD Verified Trustmark that the entrepreneur has met the electronic business standard criteria.
3) Entrepreneurs who have made e-commerce registration are eligible to participate in the training courses organized by the Department of Business Development.
Answer : Websites or Social Media providing online purchase and sale services that meet the following criteria shall apply for the Trustmark:
- Any websites with order systems, such as form filling, e-cart, email, and others
- Any websites with online and offline payment system, such as bank account transfer, credit card payment, or e-cash
- Any websites with paid membership and subscription system in order to receive data or others (considered a provision of service in exchange for money)
- Any websites with a primary purpose to be hired to advertise goods or services of other persons and earn income from such advertisings
- Any websites engaged in the business of web design or advertising themselves as web designers (it is considered that web design provides a regular channel for internet commerce)
- Any websites with online games services charging service fees from players (website owners must be registered)
- Any websites that deliver goods or services via internet network, such as music, program, games, ringtone, screensaver, and SMS downloading
Online business that does not require e-commerce registration is as follows :
- A website that only shows the products, but purchase and sale are made via a regular channel (not the internet) although there may be a message telling viewers to contact the owner in order to purchase the products, such as if you are interested, please contact ….. or for more information, please contact…
- Publication or dissemination of information to members or general public without any expenses, such as for teaching purpose or job announcement;
- Dissemination of data regarding a company or goods;
- Personal website created to disseminate personal information or that on work, education, or personal interests; and
- A website serving as a data medium with the purpose to exchange data without membership or other expenses
3.1 Complete your website and make it ready for online service. E-commerce registration must be completed within 30 days from the date of commencement of business.
3.2 Apply for e-commerce registration as follows:
Where to apply for e-Commerce Registration
- Bangkok: if you are in Bangkok, you may apply for e-commerce registration at the Administrative Section at one of the 50 district offices (based on location of your place of business) or the Fiscal Policy Office ,Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Bangkok City Hall (covering all 50 districts).
- Other provinces: if you live outside Bangkok, you may apply for e-commerce registration at the municipality, sub-district administrative organization (based on location of your place of business).
Documents required for e-Commerce Registration
1) A copy of Thai national ID card and house registration of the e-commerce entrepreneur
4) Printout of the first page of the website
5) Map of the place of business
6) Certificate of partnership or company registration (in case of juristic person)
7) Power of attorney with 10-baht duty stamp and a copy of Thai national ID card of the attorney (in case of authorization)
Additional documents where the entrepreneur is not a householder
2) A copy of Thai national ID card of the owner of the place of business together with house registration or document asserting ownership
Additional documents for juristic persons foreign
1. A copy of company registration
2. Appointment of operation in Thailand.
2.1 Work Permit (for foreigner)
2.2 Foreign Business License or Document Certificate (if any)
1) New commercial registration 50 Baht
2) Registration of changes to registered transactions 20 Baht
3) Registration of business dissolution 20 Baht
3.3 Applicant will receive electric commercial certificate (Form Phor Khor. 0403)
Conditions for applying for certification mark
1. Being a ordinary person / juristic person engaged in electronic commerce business. On electronic media such as websites, stores in e-Marketplace, stores in Social Media Application.
2. Business operators that require a certification mark must provide evidence of the e-commerce business such as a copy of the commercial registration certificate. Certificate of Incorporation Documentation of membership of the Chamber of Commerce Association Documentation that the online store has been created. Or the online name used in the electronic commerce business (URL), etc.
3. DBD Registered is valid for 5 years from the date the department approves the use.
4. Sale of goods or services is not illegal. And public order and good morals.
Channel for applying
DBD Registered can be obtained online at www.Trustmarkthai.com (Manual Apply DBD Registered)
Answer : Approximately 1 day (from the date the Bureau of e-Commerce has received the documents or information from local administrative organizations) if the website or Social Media meets the requirements set forth by Department of Business Development
DBD registered is the electronic Commerce Business Operator Certification Which certifies that the Ordinary person or juristic person confirms their existence in the electronic commerce business.
DBD Verified is a Trustmark to certify reliability of electronic business operations. It is issued for e-commerce entrepreneurs who have registered their business operations and meet all qualifications and criteria. It must be shown on websites to indicate that such websites have successfully passed the Department of Business Development’s e-commerce evaluation criteria.
DBD Verified logo 3 levels : Silver, Gold and Platinum follows.
1. DBD Verified Silver issued for e-Commerce entrepreneurs ordinary or juristic person, who have passed qualifications and criteria Department of Business Development such as e-Commerce Registration and etc.
2. DBD Verified Gold issued for e-Commerce entrepreneurs juristic person. And have qualifications and pass criteria Department of Business Development such as e-Commerce Registration 1 year , Financial Statement 1 year and etc.
3. DBD Verified Platinum issued for e-Commerce entrepreneurs juristic person. And have qualifications and pass criteria Department of Business Development such as e-Commerce Registration 2 year , Financial Statement 2 year(continuous), get Best e-Commerce Website Award from Department Business Development, and etc.
**The reliability level of DBD Verified is higher than that of DBD Registered.
Answer : e-Commerce entrepreneurs shall have all required qualifications and pass the e-Commerce quality evaluation processes as follows:
1) Self-evaluation: go to www.trustmarkthai.com to apply for DBD Verified logo. There, you need to complete the self-assessment for e-Commerce entrepreneurs.
2) Evaluation by Experts: e-Commerce experts will examine websites against the e-Commerce quality standards.
3) Evaluation by Committee: DBD Verified Evaluation Committee will examine websites against the e-Commerce quality standards.
*** Apply DBD Verified logo. Website : www.Trustmarkthai.com (Manual Apply DBD Verified)
Answer : Approximately 45 days (from the date of application for DBD Verified)
Answer : E-commerce registration does not involve tax payment, but if any e-commerce business generates incomes, taxes must be paid in accordance with laws.